Happy Thursday! The week is almost over 🙂 For this week I didn’t really cook much so I wasn’t sure what I was going to post for my Table Thursday post but then I bought everything for a veggie bake and while I did post the recipe here I thought pictures and a more step by step recipe might be nicer.
This has got to be one of the easiest recipes I make. There is no measuring, no real directions I have to follow, the hardest part is just chopping everything up (which I HATE). Feel free to add other veggies, seasonings, change it up however you want, I don’t think you can mess this up! This is great for holidays, parties, etc where you need to bring a side dish and want something vegan and yummy for your non-vegan friends as well!
1. Cut up all the veggies (blah!)
–>Side note I normally don’t microwave my potatoes but I read that that helps them cook at the same speed as the other veggies so I tried it today… I DO NOT recommend heating them it made them much harder to cut and they seem to cook just fine when you put them in uncooked.
2. Preheat the oven to 425*F
3. Cover your baking dish with foil (optional) and add olive oil to the bottom of it
4. Place all veggies except kale into the baking dish and mix well
5. Add a little more olive oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt and mix again
6. Place in oven and cook for 20 mins or so
7. Take out and assess the veggies, mix them and add kale and mix again
8. Cook for another 20 minutes and mix again
9. Continue this process until the veggies are cooked like you like them. Check the potatoes because they take the longest.
10. Don’t forget to have some kitchen helpers with you like I did 😉
1. What is your favorite summer vegetable?
2. Do you have kitchen helpers like me? Post a picture if you do 🙂